Rakhi is all about celebrating the bond between brothers and sisters. Sure, siblings fight, bicker and tear each other’s hair off, but on Raksha Bandhan things take a 180-degree turn! Suddenly, there is lost love found and the brother promises to protect his sister from all evils in exchange of a thread/band that the sister ties around his wrist. Although it’s a customary ritual and siblings do it willingly, in reality it’s more about the emotions behind it. It’s considered a special day to show some sibling love.
Here’s a collection of special wishes, greetings and SMSes to help you express that love in words.
* You were always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I searched the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you. Wishing you life’s best always.
* We were always close, looking out for each other even when life led us along different paths. Like an invisible thread, our love binds us together, making sure we’ll remember where we came from and what we mean to each other. Wishing you a joyous Raksha Bandhan, Dear Brother.
* The loving occasion of Raksha Bandhan is the best time brother, to reminisce fondly the wonderful moment we have spent together, sharing each other’s joys and sorrows. Thanks for spreading smiles everywhere and making life so beautiful, meaningful and happy… My Dear Brother.
* You never say no, you never say anything’s impossible and you never say you can’t. That’s my bro, a superman who make things possible and who make paths smoother. I love you bro.
* You are the person who holds me in my bad times, you are the person who dances with me in my happiness. I can’t recall even a single day when you were absent from my life. I really love you.
* Throughout these years, you have done so many things for me. It helps me know deep down inside how much you care. I may not say it everyday but I admire you a lot. I feel richly blessed to have a brother like you. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* If I can choose my brother in next life, then it will be you. Love u bro, Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother. Oh, how I hated that little boy and how I love him too. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* Friends come and go, but you my dear brother, are always there! Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* Rakhi is a thread that binds two souls in a bond of love and joy forever. Happy Rakhi.
* Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero and the day is today. Happy Raksha Bandhan sis.
* Rakhi is just an excuse for me to express myself. You mean the world to me. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my sweet sister.
* Phoolon ka taron ka, sabka kehna hai, duniya me sabse achha mere Bhaiya hai… Love you always! Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make the distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile. Love u Bro.
* We gain and lose things everyday. But trust me on one thing.You will never lose me. I will always be here for you…Happy Rakhi.
* May this Raksha Bandhan bring you all the prosperity and good luck in your life. Happy Rakhi Sister.
* Dear Brother, on this Raksha Bandhan I wish to say that you are the best brother ever. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* Dear Brother, this Rakhi, I pray to God for your peace, happiness and prosperity. A warm and loving person like you deserves the best of life. Happy Rakhi.
* To my sweet angel like sister, may god bless you with loads of happiness, health and wealth. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* Rakhi is
R: rock strong relationship
A: acceptance all along
K: kindness to the core
H: heartwarming presence
I: idealistic relationship
* Jab khuda ne duniya ko banaya hoga, ek baat se ghabraya hoga
Kaise rakhunga khayal itni ladkiyo ka,
Tab us ne sab ke liye ek bhai banaya hoga.
* Har ladki ko aapka inteezar hai
Har ladki aapke liye bekaraar hai
Har ladki ko aapki aarjoo hai
Yeh aapka koi kamaal nahi
Aaj ‘Rakhi’ ka tyohar hai!
* Aaj din bahut khaas hai,
Behan ke liye kuch mere paas hai,
Uske sukun ki khaatir oh behnaa.
Tera bhaiya hamesha tere aas-paas hai!!
Happy Raksha Bandhan.
* Kaamyabi tumhare kadam chume,
Khushiyan tumhare charo aur ho,
Par bhagwan se itni prarthana karne ke liye,
tum mujhe kuch to commission do!
To my extremely lovable (but kanjoos) brother…
Just kidding as always.
Happy Raksha Bandhan.